Welcome to your Monday Tuesday morning briefing of the most read stories on TheVirtualReport.biz:
These are the trending stories in the XR industry right now:
We take a look back at this year’s biggest stories, headlines and industry trends in VR, AR and MR month by month.
XR breaks investment records in 2017, with new emphasis on mobile Augmented Reality, CV and ML according to new research canvassing 30 prominent VCs in Sand Hill Road and China.
After years of secrecy, we’ve finally seen the shape of AR to come. Here’s everything we know about the $2bn start-up’s first Augmented Reality product.
Standalone XR is largely powered by Qualcomm’s development of powerful mobile chips. If a rumoured acquisition goes through next year, could it slow the development of VR and AR?
The company received a series of funding from venture capitals, achieving a total investment of $14 million.
Look who's speaking at XR Connects London 2018! PlayStation VR, Greenpeace, AMD, Coatsink, Unity, Force Field VR and loads more
Six Of The Rest
These all-time all-star stories are some of our most popular articles ever:
- Feature: 25 VR Developers To Watch
- Feature: The Size Of The VR Consumer Market (Updated, 3rd March)
- Feature: Million Dollar Babies: The XR Studios That Are Smashing It! [UPDATE 6th Sept]
- Feature: The Best Apple ARKit Test Projects [UPDATE: 4th August]
- Videos: VR University Sessions At VR Connects San Francisco 2017
- News: VR Indie Pitch San Francisco Winners