Welcome to your Monday morning briefing of the most read stories on TheVirtualReport.biz in the past week.
XR on the up as hardware manufacturers ship a million units globally in third quarter; the first time the industry has broken the barrier. PS VR leads market share by a large margin.
Oculus’ Exec producer, Warner’s EVP, a film critic, and Raindance founder talk about Virtual Reality, filmmaking and the future of narrative. And ask uncomfortable questions along the way…
We speak with the CEO and COO of China's Yue Cheng Technology about Location Based Entertainment and building East-West bridges in Virtual Reality.
26 new companies to receive investment from HTC’s global incubator to advance Virtual and Augmented Reality.
XR Connects returns to London with added AR, more MR and a veritable feast of VR once more as part of the biggest b2b games conference in the UK.
Niantic beats Playroom VR to the gong with its AR breakout hit.
Six Of The Rest
These all-time all-star stories are some of our most popular articles ever:
- Feature: 25 VR Developers To Watch
- Feature: The Size Of The VR Consumer Market (Updated, 3rd March)
- Feature: Million Dollar Babies: The XR Studios That Are Smashing It! [UPDATE 6th Sept]
- Feature: The Best Apple ARKit Test Projects [UPDATE: 4th August]
- Videos: VR University Sessions At VR Connects San Francisco 2017
- News: VR Indie Pitch San Francisco Winners