Happy New Year! If one of your resolutions for 2017 is to promote and market your VR project better, then your first step should be to book a ticket to VR Connects.
VR Connects is the new event from the makers of the uber-successful PG Connects conferences, and it takes place on 16th and 17th January in London. If you're toiling away in VR/AR and are wondering how to raise awareness of your work, day two's VR Business track is for you.
Bradley McManus, digital director at AM Marketing, will talk you through "Marketing On A Shoe String" on Tuesday 17th January. The venue also hosts a talk on how to monetise your VR game by Mark Castle, founder at VRtize Ltd, and one about the uses of VR and AR in content marketing by Tracy Spaight of Wargaming.
There's loads more too. If you're hoping to discover more about the dark art of the development business there are 60 speakers in total and hundreds of delegates to meet. And if you've got a VR project that's ready to show the world, why not sign up for the VR Indie Pitch? You'll get to present your VR/AR game to press, publishers and pundits and get valuable feedback as well as the chance to win a prize.
See you there!
VR Connects in brief…
- It's Steel Media's new, fully contained, fully functioning conference that caters for the VR/AR/MR industry. It's from the team that brought you the international PG Connects conferences.
- The inaugural event in London will bring together over 500 delegates from across the sector – from app developers (game, entertainment, experiential), publishers, and hardware manufacturers to investors, visionaries, and media – for two days crammed with content and fringe events that will deliver fine insight and stellar networking in equal measure.
- Already confirmed to speak are AMD, Beatshapers, Brandwidth, Coatsink, Curiscope, Digital Jam, Fast Travel, Google, Gumi, HammerheadVR, nDreams, Resolution Games, REWIND, Virtual Umbrella and Wargaming VR. And loads more.
- It will cover the key questions facing this rapidly evolving sector: from exploring market trends and international opportunities, to overcoming current challenges of VR design, as well as how to fund and monetise VR projects, and look ahead at what the future holds.
- Pitch & Match – Free business matching meeting system for all attendees.
- SpeedMatch – Publishers, investors, developers, two hours, one room: guaranteed meetings for all selected participants.
- Expo Area – Discover VR games, applications, technologies, services and more in a dedicated expo area. There's still space if you want to be part of it (email us now)!
- PGC London access – Entry to VRC gains you full access to Pocket Gamer Connects London 2017, Europe's largest mobile games industry conference.
- The huge Global Connects Party – Let your hair down, get your dancing shoes on and your business cards out in our relaxed, always-popular after-hours event.