Every week, we share nine XR stories from around the web that caught our eyes here at TheVirtualReport.biz:
1) 3D Live Tiles, Two-Handed Manipulation And More Are Finally Coming To The HoloLens
HoloLens owners everywhere will soon get a number of new features added to their devices. At least if they are members of the Windows Insider program.
2) Bose Has A Plan To Make AR Glasses
Best known for its speakers and headphones, the company has created a $50 million development fund to back a new AR platform that's all about audio.
3) Ready Player One Review: Spielberg Levels Up On The Fanboy Culture Wars
The film, based on Ernest Cline’s 80s-inflected best-seller, is a wild ride—but may disappoint anyone looking for something deeper.
4) Valve says it is making games again, DOTA 2 card title Artifact due this year
Chief Gabe Newell says the firm's software and hardware expertise could yield some interesting projects in the coming year.
5) Cancel All Your Plans Because You Have A Second Life To Live In VR
A look at Sinespace, a new metaverse project from an Australian company called Sinewave Entertainment.
6) How Location-Based VR Can Incorporate eSports
Competitive video gaming is one of the stars of the immersive entertainment sector and it appears that virtual reality is poised to play its part.
7) HTC Vive Debuts Lineup Of Ready Player One VR Experiences
Here’s what’s in store for Ready Player One fans!
8) Motorola Is Working On A VR Headset For Its Phones
A Virtual Reality headset, custom-built for the Moto Z line and its big, circular camera bump.
9) Yahoo! MAP For iOS Now Has AR Navigation Mode In Japan
The AR function, which is only intended for walking routes currently, is available starting today on Japan-based Apple devices running iOS 11.