Every week, we share nine XR stories from around the web that caught our eyes here at TheVirtualReport.biz:
1) Magic Leap Is Reportedly In Talks To Raise $400 Million From Saudi Arabia's Sovereign Wealth Fund
The Financial Times expects an extension of the company's October round of funding.
2) Starbreeze, Partners Open VR Center In One of Busiest Malls In The World
Emaar Entertainment opened a suitable-for-all-ages VR amusement park in the world-renowned Dubai Mall on February 28.
3) Microsoft’s ‘Haptic Links’ Bring A New Level Of Realism To VR
Could one of these intuitive prototypes deliver the immersive haptic feedback users have been clamoring for?
4) Sh//ft Spotlight: Microsoft
Nine independent projects created with Microsoft HoloLens and Windows Mixed Reality.
5) Samsung’s AR Emoji Taps Creepy Avatars And Disney Characters To Compete With Animoji
Techcrunch finds Samsung’s new AR avatars a, ‘Combination of compelling and creepy’.
6) Edgybees lands $5.5 Million To Save Lives With AR Drones
Venturebeat on the company that wants, ‘To bring AR to other verticals’.
7) Introducing The Azanaband. The World’s First Sensory Gaming Device.
New Channel 4 drama, Kiss Me First, takes a Black Mirror style look at VR and immersive tech.
8) HTC Debuts Updated Vive Tracker For SteamVR 2.0 At MWC 2018
Upload VR spots Mi Hiepa Sports, a soccer training and rehabilitation app from the UK.
9) Patent Applications Offer Closer Look At Magic Leap One And How It Will Work
The US Patent and Trademark Office recently published a treasure trove of Magic Leap patent applications that appear to provide more details about the Magic Leap One: Creator Edition.