Every week, we share nine XR stories from around the web that caught our eyes here at TheVirtualReport.biz:
1) Worlds Collide: VR And AR In 2018
Engadget asks, ‘When the dust settles, what will our headsets look like?’
2) Mixed Reality Analytics Presents A Multibillion Dollar Opportunity
Venturebeat interviewed four VR and AR entrepreneurs who explain why mixed reality analytics is a rapidly emerging Software as a Service (SaaS) opportunity.
3) Best Unite Sessions Of 2017: Improving Performance And Storytelling
Unity Technologies takes a look back at the highlights from last year’s live events.
4) Hands-on: Final Cut Pro 10.4 Adds 360 VR
9TO5Mac visits Apple in New York for a demonstration of the update.
5) How To Build Audio For VR Games
Audio Director, Alex Riviere, shares his insights on creating audio for VR.
6) ‘Coco VR,’ Pixar’s Quiet Attempt To Tackle A New Medium
The Washington Post speaks to Oculus and Pixar about the Coco VR experience.
7) Augmented Reality And Mixed Reality In Aid of Conservation
Scientific American writes that beyond gaming, XR is also being used to protect wildlife.
8) VR Glasses Blur Reality Leading To Death Blow For Moscow Resident
Russian news agency, TASS, reports that a man tripped and crashed into a glass table while moving around the apartment in Virtual Reality glasses
9) How Augmented And Virtual Reality Will Reshape The Food Industry
Professional chef, Jenny Dorsey, looks at the future of food for Techcrunch.