Every week, we share nine XR stories from around the web that caught our eyes here at TheVirtualReport.biz:
1) Location, Location, Location: VR’s Mantra For Success
Greenlight insights on LBE from the IAAPA expo and building an $8bn industry in five years.
2) Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire - ILMxLAB And The VOID - Immersive Entertainment Experience
A trailer for the LBE VR experience in the week The Last Jedi is released because Star Wars.
3) Advancing Aviation Safety Technology With Augmented Reality
AR tools for pilots have become less of a “when” and more of a “how.”
4) Xperiel Aims To Turn Sports Venues Into Augmented Reality Consoles
SportsTechie looks at a future where your phone is a controller for live sports events.
5) The Royal Australian Navy Are Giving VR-powered Diversity And Inclusion Training A Go!
An interview with Equal Reality, a group focused on reducing unconscious bias through Virtual Reality.
6) A Public Database Of Immersive VR Videos With Corresponding Ratings Of Arousal, Valence, And Correlations Between Head Movements And Self Report Measures
An original research article on Frontiers In Psychology suggests that side-to-side head movement shows engagement and excitement.
7) This VR Exhibit Lets You Connect With The Human Side Of War
A pioneering photojournalist hopes VR can restore war photography’s dramatic power to influence and inform us.
8) UK Children's Hospital Launches Augmented Reality App For Young Patients
Alder Hey Children's Hospital in Liverpool, UK has launched a new augmented reality tablet app for children to entertain, educate, and distract the hospital's young children.
9) Virtual Reality Used To Help Adoptive Parents
The BBC on how Virtual Reality is being used to help adoptive parents to understand the traumatic past of their child.