Every week, we share nine XR stories from around the web that caught our eyes here at TheVirtualReport.biz:
1) Before Vs After: Marketing With Virtual Reality
Eight case studies to convince potential clients that VR is effective, including Volvo and Marriot.
2) Spectacular Pictures Show China's £1 Billion Virtual Reality Sci-fi Theme Park
Britain’s Daily Mail on the Guizhou province’s VR venue, first phase complete in December.
3) AR Is On The Verge Of Transforming The Human-computer Relationship
PostAR CEO and founder, Michael Park, says that AR will create the next generation of the internet, a 3D spatial medium in which we’ll physically live, work, and interact.
4) Free Downloadable Guide To VR, AR And MR
Six months in the making, 100-page eBook, VR Prelude, could be a useful boot camp for potential clients or new hires.
5) Richard Devine — Implications Of Virtual Reality
Mix magazine speaks to The Atlanta-based producer and sound designer about the future of sound in VR.
6) Can Virtual Reality Bring Back the Arcade?
Slate considers VR ‘a novelty’ right now, but that may change.
7) The Reality Of Virtual Reality In 'Ready Player One'
Former Disney and AOL executive, Charlie Fink, looks at how fiction measures up to the facts.
8) The almost-real world of VR Zone Shinjuku
CNet explores Bandai Namco's virtual reality arcade that blurs the line between game centre and theme park.
9) How Augmented Reality Is Transforming Work
PC Magazine looks at the factory floors where Augmented Reality smart glasses can make a huge difference in speed and efficiency.