Every week, we share nine XR stories from around the web that caught our eyes here at TheVirtualReport.biz:
1) Niantic CEO: AR Will Reach Full Potential 'When We Get The Glasses'
John Hanke speaking at the Wall Street Journal's D.Live conference.
2) Who Is Thinking About Security And Privacy for Augmented Reality?
While the technology and applications underlying AR are rapidly advancing, little thought has been given to how these systems should protect users.
HYPER-REALITY from Keiichi Matsuda on Vimeo.
3) Walmart's Store No. 8 Showcases The Future Of VR
The event, a first of its kind for Walmart, drew an exclusive group of high-tech brands, technologists and venture capitalists to debut the latest in VR.
4) Eugene Chung On Penrose Studios And ‘Operatic’ VR
Founder & CEO on creating new types of art.
5) What Is Windows Mixed Reality?
Dev Diner takes a run at defining WMR’s place in XR.
6) Augmented Reality Is Ready For The Big Time – But It Needs One More Thing
TechRadar asks is AR really the biggest revolution since the App Store?
7) Pioneering Virtual Reality And New Video Technologies In Journalism
Marcelle Hopkins, deputy video editor and co-director of Virtual Reality at The New York Times, discussed the tech she is using.
8) The Real Magic Behind The VOID
Mixed reality pioneer THE VOID has quickly brought itself to the forefront of VR and beyond with its proprietary hardware and 4D sensory techniques that have wowed over 100,000 visitors.
9) Why Do People Keep Giving Magic Leap Money?
The Verge reasons that mainstream manufacturers such as Apple and Google may use Magic Leap tech in future hardware.