Start your week with a Monday morning briefing of the most read articles from the global VR, AR and MR industry on TheVirtualReport.biz in the last seven days:
1) XR headset shipments nearly triple annually in Q1 2021, Quest 2 has sold 4.6m units
Latest research from Counterpoint indicates continued growth for VR and AR hardware
2) Mixed Reality comes to Oculus Quest 2!
VR standalone headset to add consumer AR/MR functionality later this year, developer access available now.
3) PlayStation VR 2 is Next Gen VR, first specs released
PS VR 2 gains NGVR working name ahead of 2022 release
4) Valve files motion to dismiss Steam competition lawsuit
PC giant says that Wolfire Games has failed to allege the kind of conduct it is being accused of
5) BAME in Games celebrates its fifth anniversary with new website and Discord server
UK advocacy group to release Representation, Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion calendar
6) Oculus Quest 2 most popular VR headset on Steam in July 2021
Latest Hardware Survey places Facebook HMDs first and second, Valve Index leading premium
Six Of The Rest
These all-time all-star stories are some of our most popular articles ever:
- Tommy: VR Wizard
- Oculus Just Accidentally Bricked Rifts Everywhere - And They Could Do It Again Tomorrow If They Wanted To…
- 25 VR Developers To Watch
- Focal Point: What Does Blockchain Mean For XR?
- From Hydrographer To Total Art: One Developer’s Journey From Surveying To Synesthesia
- XR headset shipments nearly triple annually in Q1 2021, Quest 2 has sold 4.6m units