Imagine a world in which you could have quality and quantity. Sounds insane, right?
And yet, that's the world VR Connects San Francisco is promising to all who are prepared to attend our first North American VR event on 27th-28th June.
That's easy to type, we know. So let's start to tackle the trust issue by unveiling our first set of speakers, shall we?
- Aaron Hilton, Steampunk Digital
- Andy Wilton, Climax Studios New Zealand
- Brandon Laurino, Otherside Entertainment
- Caroline Stokes, Forward
- Christina Barleben, Thoughtfish GmbH
- Clemens Wangerin, vTime
- David Hoppe, Gamma Law
- Deniz Opal, Hologram
- Faviana Vangelius, SVRVIVE Studios
- Jamil Moledina, Google
- Jikhan Jung, Subdream Studios
- Lara Noujaim, Game Cooks
- Mark Castle, VRtize Limited
- Masaru Ohnogi, gumi
- Nizar Romdan, Virtual Arts
- Robyn Tong, Otherworld Interactive
- Steffen Roemer, Applanga
- Tadhg Kelly, VREAL
- Tim Merel, Digi-Capital / Eyetouch Reality
- Tristan Moore, Broken Window Studios
- Zhen Cao, OutpostVC
We'd argue that's a collective chunk of VR/AR/MR knowledge not to be sniffed at. Together with their yet-to-be-unveiled contemporaries, they'll deliver an agenda that's packed with key insight and unmissable advice, within a conference setting that promises spectacular networking to members of the industry.
Not convinced? That's why we respect you. Allow us to run you through a quick breakdown of what's in store, come this Californian summer:
- Brand New Event Series – From the team that has, since 2014, delivered the successful PG Connects conferences
- 500 cross-industry delegates - From app developers and hardware manufacturers to publishers, investors, service providers, media and more, our events attract a genuine cross-section of the industry
- Short, sharp content – Covering the key questions facing the industry, including global trends, technical and design issues, future technologies, and business strategy (including the all-important: monetisation)
- The finest speakers – Regardless of discipline and platform, renowned industry figures from right across the sector deliver the insight, advice, and lessons to aid boost your business
- Pitch & Match – Free business matching meeting system for all attendees and one of the core elements that ensure unrivalled networking
- Expo Area – Discover VR games, applications, technologies, services and more in a dedicated expo area
- VR Indie Pitch – As part of VR Connects comes the VR-centric version of the Big Indie Pitch competition to help showcase the next wave of talent
- VRC Party – Let your hair down, get your dancing shoes on and your business cards out in our relaxed, always-popular after-hours event
Let's leave it there for today. The quantity and the quality will follow in the form of more updates but anyone not prepared to wait a minute longer can, of course, take advantage of the Super Early Bird ticket rate (which, incidentally, is only available for a few more days).