Want to get into VR Connects London 2017 (January 16th-17th) without paying and without having to sneak in disguised as a cardboard box?
There is a way that will prevent you spending your entire time there stressing over the fact that at any minute a large, loud exclamation mark will give the game away. No-one wants that.
So, if you're a indie developer working on VR we'd encourage you to enter our friendly but fiercely fought VR Indie Pitch competition. Should you make the selection you'll get to showase your game in a speed-dating format to a number of prominent industry figures who'll make up our judges, gaining invaluable feedback in the process.
But just as key, you'll receive two tickets to the VRC conference for free. That's an up-to-$500 saving. (And if you don't make the selection you'll still be offered a discount as a 'thanks' for submitting your game for consideration.)
Sound good? Great. Submit your game here.
Ah, you're still reading because you're not sure what VR Connects London is. Fair enough. It's our new, fully contained, fully functioning conference that caters for the VR/AR/MR industry.
Our inaugural event in London will bring together over 500 delegates from across the sector – from app developers (game, entertainment, experiential), publishers, and hardware manufacturers to investors, visionaries, and media – for two days crammed with content and fringe events that will deliver fine insight and stellar networking in equal measure.
Already confirmed to speak are AMD, Barog Game Labs, Beatshapers, Brandwidth, Coatsink, Curiscope, Digital Jam, Draw & Code, Fast Travel, Google, Gumi, HammerheadVR, nDreams, Resolution Games, REWIND, RVX, Secret Sauce, SVRIVE, Third Floor, Virtual Beings, Virtual Umbrella, VREAL, Wargaming VR.
We've yet more key representatives from the VR scene to announce but together our fine speakers will deliver four conference tracks set to cover the key questions facing this rapidly evolving sector: from exploring market trends and international opportunities, to overcoming current challenges of VR design, as well as how to fund and monetise VR projects, and look ahead at what the future holds for this sector.
If you're an indie without a project to enter our VR Indie Pitch – or you're not an indie dev at all – there's still good news: As I type, Mid Term tickets are still available AND TVR.biz readers get an extra 15% discount.
VRC London 2017 at-a-glance
- Brand New Event Series – From the team that brought you the successful PG Connects conferences
- 4 Core Tracks – Covering the key questions facing the industry, including global trends, technical and design issues, future technologies, and business sense (including the all-important monetisation)
- Pitch & Match – Free business matching meeting system for all attendees
- SpeedMatch – Publishers, developers, 2 hours, 1 room: guaranteed meetings for all selected participants
- Expo Area – Discover VR games, applications, technologies, services and more in a dedicated expo area
- VR Indie Pitch – As part of VR Connects comes the VR-centric version of the Big Indie Pitch competition
- PGC London access – Entry to VRC gains you full access to Pocket Gamer Connects London 2017, Europe's largest mobile games industry conference
- VRC Party – Let your hair down, get your dancing shoes on and your business cards out in our relaxed, always-popular after-hours event
Book your ticket NOW for a 15% discount using the code TicketHourLDN