Every week, we share nine XR stories from around the web that caught our eyes here at TheVirtualReport.biz:
1) First Look At AR Gaming On The Oculus Quest 2
Developers have begun using Passthrough API Experimental to create mixed reality experiences on Quest 2 headsets
2) NexTech AR launches its new 3D Augmented Reality advertising technology with Google Ads functionality
Developers can now tap into Google’s network of streamlined 3D ads that extend to AR without application downloads
3) VCU researchers are using VR ‘games’ as exercise therapy for individuals with Parkinson’s
James Thomas leads a team at VCU’s Motor Control Lab who are developing immersive games to help those with trunk control impairments to get moving.
4) Can Augmented Reality Change How People Experience Cities?
As two cities — Buffalo, N.Y., and Fairfax, Va. — embark on projects to implement augmented reality technology, questions arise on the effects the new tool will have in their communities.
5) Mixed Reality: How XR will change the LGBTQ+ experience forever
Queer creatives assemble! A virtual revolution is upon us…
6) Virtual Reality Game Maker ForeVR Games Turns To Sports
LA-based VR gaming startup raises $7 million on top of their $1.5 million seed round
7) Can Virtual Reality Save the Planet?
Kristen French interviews Vanessa Keith, a registered architect and the principal of StudioTEKA
8) Geenee launches its no-code WebAR platform
Creators and brands to build Augmented Reality experiences in minutes
9) The Metaverse is a Dystopian Nightmare. Let’s Build a Better Reality.
So says John Hanke, Founder & CEO, Niantic