Start your week with a Monday morning briefing of the most read articles from the global VR, AR and MR industry on TheVirtualReport.biz in the last week:
1) State of play: virtual reality in 2021
What is VR? Where did it come from, where is it going and who are the key players? Your essential primer on the most important new media since the moving image
2) XR could see widespread adoption through 5G
VR, AR and MR's future is in the mobile cloud, according to Ericsson CTO Erik Ekudden
3) Focal Point: Is PC VR dead?
Our panel of industry experts have their say on the future of tethered virtual reality in the wake of standalone headsets such as Oculus Quest 2
4) Oculus Quest 2 software update begins rollout
v32 brings improvements to the Move fitness tracker, app gifting, friends lists and VR media
5) ByteDance acquires Pico; Chinese VR set for the global stage?
Plans to invest in standalone virtual reality content as competition for Oculus Quest 2
6) Q: When are AR glasses not AR glasses?
A: When they're Facebook's Project Aria
Six Of The Rest
These all-time all-star stories are some of our most popular articles ever:
- Tommy: VR Wizard
- Oculus Just Accidentally Bricked Rifts Everywhere - And They Could Do It Again Tomorrow If They Wanted To…
- 25 VR Developers To Watch
- Focal Point: What Does Blockchain Mean For XR?
- From Hydrographer To Total Art: One Developer’s Journey From Surveying To Synesthesia
- XR headset shipments nearly triple annually in Q1 2021, Quest 2 has sold 4.6m units