Qualcomm has unveiled its new Snapdragon 845 Mobile processor, which is developed with immersive experiences in mind.
Technologies such as the Adreno 630 visual processing subsystem architecture and room-scale 6 Degrees of Freedom (6DoF) means that the Snapdragon 845 can handle VR and AR experiences efficiently and with greater immersive capability. The unit draws 30% less electricity over the last generation of processors for video capture, games and XR applications.
Specification highlights include:
- Qualcomm Spectra 280 image signal processor
- Qualcomm Adreno 630 visual processing subsystem
- Captures 64 times more high-dynamic range colour information
- 2020 gamut for 4K/Ultra HD videos
- 6 Degrees of freedom
- Adreno foveation
- Qualcomm Aqstic audio codec
The Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform is expected to ship next year.