Around 550 participants came to Potsdam and Berlin this week for the VR NOW Con & Awards. International VR, MR and AR experts presented the latest developments in the sector on Wednesday at the conference and exhibition in Potsdam and on Thursday during concentrated hands-on workshops in Berlin.
On Wednesday evening, the second international VR NOW Award winners were announced in Potsdam's Schinkelhalle.
- VR NOW Grand Prize: Foren Method by The Vrain, Samsung Gear VR
- VR Technology Award: HolodeckVR by HolodeckVR, multiple platforms
- VR Entertainment Award: HUXLEY by EXIT VR, HTC Vive
- VR Industry Award: LISIM – Simulator for cranes by Stoll von Gáti, Oculus Rift
- VR Impact Award: Foren Method by The Vrain, Samsung Gear VR
Stephan Schindler, Chairman of the Board of Virtual Reality e.V. Berlin Brandenburg and CEO of Wonderlamp Industries said, “Following last year's successful premiere of VR Now Con & Awards, we are delighted that the demand continued to be just as strong this year. The subject of Virtual Reality, and everything covered by this, continues to develop rapidly.
"This year's VR Now Con gave an insight into changes in the technologies as well as the diverse fields of application for Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Reality and 360° Video. The capital region once again proved to be the ideal communication and networking platform for the VR and associated sectors. Our next event will be held as part of EFM Horizon during the Berlinale in February 2018.”