Stuart Whyte, Director of VR Product Development at Sony London Studios will deliver the Develop:VR keynote on 9th November.
Whyte, who has close to 30 years’ experience in the videogames industry, starting life as an adventure columnist for Amstrad Action magazine, will open Develop:VR with his keynote entitled, ‘Taking VR to the Next Level – A Case Study in AAA Games Development’.
In his keynote, Whyte will discuss the current state of the VR industry, the challenges and opportunities of AAA VR development and suggest potential solutions to maximise success for any sized studio.
As well as the keynote, Tandem Events also announced the following sessions, with more to be revealed:
- Improve your brain – the real value of VR/AR gaming by Faviana Vangelius, SVRVIVE
- Pioneers in the Sesert – The Reality of Developing for Virtual Reality by Andrew Willans, CCP Games
- Love your Limitations: Defining Art for Mobile VR by Anna Hollinrake, Climax Studios
- Collaborating with Brands to Create Magical VR by Brynley Gibson, Kuju
- Serious VR, Making Real Money by Tanya Laird, Digital Jam
- Drop Deadline – Delivering a Visually-Excellent, 60fps, Narrative Mobile Shooter to a Fixed Deadline with a Small Team by James Horn, Pixel Toys
- Getting Up Close and Virtual with the Automotive Industry: Using VR for the Right Reasons by James Watson, Imagination
- Haptics and VR – Touching Virtual Worlds by Anders Hakfelt, Ultrahaptics
Develop:VR is a one day conference and expo focusing on the commercial opportunities that Virtual and Augmented Reality present for today’s game developers and highlighting the tools and techniques needed to produce top selling VR and AR content.
Develop:VR takes place on 9th November at Olympia London and delegate passes can be bought at a Super Early Bird rate, a saving of £100, until 20th September at www.developvr.co.uk