DeePoon VR dev kits have made their way to the contenders of the Global VR Challenge as they begin porting their games to the E2 and M2 headsets.
The competition was created by Steel Media, publisher of Pocket Gamer, in association with China’s leading VR company, DeePoon.
The goal is to identify the best new VR games development talent and concepts from the UK, Europe and the rest of the world, and help bring them to the world’s biggest VR market, China.
Nearly 80 games were submitted entries to take part in the competition. This has since been whittled down to 22 titles by a panel of expert judges after two days of extensive testing and reviewing.
Judges for the Global VR Challenge include: Resolution Games’ Tommy Palm, nDreams’ Patrick O’Luanaigh, ex-ARM director Nizar Romdan, DeePoon’s Leon Zhang, ustwo’s Peter Pashley and Steel Media’s Craig Chapple and Simon Aubrey Drake.
Developers that successfully made it on the longlist have now been sent dev kits to port their games to DeePoon hardware. PC devs have received the DeePoon E2 kit, and the DeePoon M2 unit has been sent to the mobile entries.
The longlisted contenders now have until July 20th to polish and port their games. A further judging round will then take place to decide who will make it to the final shortlist.
The finalists will receive a free ticket to ChinaJoy in Shanghai and be in with a chance of winning cash for their game from the $35,000 prize pool.
There are 22 games in contention to make it to the final. The successful entries that have made it to the second round are listed below:
- Alice VR by Klabater
- BAMF VR by Mikael W Bergene
- Chick'n'charge by Orkitec
- Cloudlands Golf VR by Futuretown
- Flying Aces VR by VR-gameplay.com
- Flying Fowl by Rogue Guardian Studios
- HordeZ by Zenz VR
- Kittypocalyse by Bolverk VR Games
- Lightblade VR by Andreas Hager Gaming
- QUBE 2 by Toxic Games
- RC Soccer VR by Beatshapers
- Reflections by Broken Window Studios
- S.P.Y. Robot by CEO's Pet Software
- Smash Wars VR by FaunaFace
- Space Box: The Journey out of the Box by Tom Graczyk
- Stifled by Gattai Games
- SwingStar by ComputerLunch
- The Body VR by The Body VR LLC
- The Town Of Light by LKA
- Vantage Point by Coatsink
- Vrapids by RGBird Games & Niobium
- Wrath of Loki-Vr Adventure by The House of Fables
You can find more details about the Global VR Challenge here.