As a Platform Architect, you will be driving the development teams to deliver products and features that align with the needs of the users and the business objectives by following the best practices and utilizing the best technology available. You will be in a leadership position to demonstrate our values, organize, review, design and plan the development of all the features linked to the Big Fish publishing platform following a mindset of quality and engineering excellence. You will also be responsible for communicating with other groups and areas to build a consistent ecosystem.
- Collaborate closely with product owners and business stakeholders to create, maintain, and prioritize backlogs, epics, tasks, aligning them with technology organization objectives
- Work closely with Product owners, directors, and project managers to design technical solutions, standards and guidelines.
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Inspire and motivate our engineering teams to deliver with a sense of purpose exciting new solutions.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Work with finance teams to understand and plan recharges, costs, and investments
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or its equivalent
- 5+ years of experience leading engineers in software development
- Proven track record in a technical leadership role (lead software engineer, technical director, etc) in a relevant role that has demanded similar responsibilities and skills.
- Experience in Technical Design and Requirements Engineering.
- Solid knowledge of the SDLC.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies.
- Experience in software development and coding in various languages (C#, .NET, Java etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Knowledge of microservices architectures, continuous delivery models
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the entire vertical of a SaaS platform, from infrastructure to user interface and tools
- Excellent knowledge of API design
- Experience working with cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- Management of development and delivery with a geographically distributed team.
- Strong communication skills to effectively convey product vision and priorities to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills to navigate and resolve complex issues.