Rovio’s Puzzle Studio is the home of the passionate team behind Angry Birds Match, Angry Birds Friends, the newly launched Angry Birds Dream Blast, and other unreleased games currently in production. The studio strives to create puzzle games that are instantly fun, but that can also turn into years-long hobbies. Puzzle Studio is also exploring new ways to use narrative and character worlds in casual mobile games, with the aim of creating a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
We are now looking for a Senior Manager of User Experience Design to join our Puzzle Studio.
The Senior Manager of User Experience Design works directly with the key stakeholders to ensure great user experience across the games in the Studio. S/he also works in a game team to make sure the UX design is in line with the overall vision of the game. S/he will support the game team in different phases of development by visualizing, prototyping and documenting the UX and UI design. S/he ensures the UX design is in line with the overall vision of the game and helps executing on that vision.
Your responsibilities as a Senior Manager, User Experience Design:
- Be responsible for the Studio level UX design craft
- Lead the UX design culture and methods in Puzzle Studio
- Recruit, manage and mentor UX designers in tools, best practices, processes, techniques, methodology and ensure the craft keeps developing
- Share learnings and review designs with other designers
- Work together with the user research team, designers and game leads to help define research goals and validating UX designs
- Establish with the Product Lead and Lead Game Designer the key design drivers and player goals for the game. Can communicate UX design drivers, goals and KPIs for game on a studio level
- Work hands-on with studio priority project(s) and can be embedded on a project depending on project/studio needs. Has the overall ownership of the UX design in a game project they are working on
- Work hands-on and collaboratively with designers, developers and artists to implement UX solutions and user interfaces into the game
- Test and benchmark competitor products, drawing learnings and insights from them
- Follow current trends and how the market and industry is developing
We're looking for someone who has:
- Experience in managing a UX design team
- Advanced knowledge of UI/UX design through degree, or equivalent in human computer interaction (HCI), psychology, interaction design, or product design related subject.
- Extensive working experience and proven track record in designing UI/UX for games and mobile devices
- Proven leadership skills and motivated by continuous development of craft and people
- Been the main contributor of UX design on multiple internally developed key games in production, soft launch and global launch
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent skills in Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/Experience Designer and other relevant design tools
- Ability to craft visually appealing, consistent and functional UI art assets to a high quality that align with art direction
- Excellent communicator in giving, seeking and receiving feedback and can constructively review and critique the design made by others
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to visualize and clearly communicate decisions to team members through UX design deliverables
- Ability to create and adjust designs based on findings from quantitative (“big data”) and qualitative (user tests, peer reviews, surveys) data
- Understanding in basic human physiological and psychological characteristics
- Understanding socio-cultural and contextual aspects
We’d love you to have some of these:
- Understanding in hardware limitations and possibilities.
- Basic coding and scripting skills in Unity are considered a plus
- Understanding of localization/ internationalization requirements
Submit your CV today. We look forward to hearing from you - Apply Now!