Developers in the US and Canada can now pre-order Windows Mixed Reality dev kits from Acer at $299, and HP at $329. You can pre-order through the Microsoft Store for developers in the US (Acer, HP) and Canada (Acer, HP)
The two headsets share the majority of specs:
- Two high-resolution liquid crystal displays at 1440 x 1440
- Front hinged display
- 95 degrees horizontal field of view
- Display refresh rate up to 90 Hz (native)
- Built-in audio out and microphone support through 3.5mm jack
- Single cable with HDMI 2.0 (display) and USB 3.0 (data) for connectivity
- Inside-out tracking
The only differences are that where the Acer’s 4.0m cable is fixed, the HP allows you to swap it out for a 0.6m cable, which is also included. The HP also features a double-padded headband and adjustment knob.
Pre-orders for other territories will follow. You can sign up to be notified here.