- Are you an indie VR, AR or MR developer?
- Are you working on an exciting project?
- Are you trying to find ways to raise awareness?
- Are you seeking the investment to grow, complete or market your work?
- Are you looking for the people who can help you take it to the next level?
If you answered ‘yes’ to those questions, then you need to be at VR Connects San Francisco on the 27th and 28th June. Here’s why...
We’re bringing the next instalment of our incredibly popular competition, the VR Indie Pitch to San Fran this summer. It’s a unique opportunity for indie devs to showcase their work to an expert panel of judges as you compete to be crowned king of the indies. You’ll get the chance to meet the publishers and platform holders that have the power to lift you out of your bedroom and put you centre stage in the VR industry’s spotlight.
What’s In It For You?
You mean that isn’t enough? OK – the top three finalists will share a prize - worth $7,000 – of advertising across Steel Media’s websites, including Pocket Gamer, AppSpy - and right here on The Virtual Report.
Even if you don’t win, every finalist will benefit from professional feedback from the expert panel. Established companies pay big bucks for this kind of consultation, but you’ll get it free – just for taking part!
As if you needed more motivation, how about 2 free tickets to the event for everyone that makes it to the shortlist? As a sweetener, those tickets will even get you into our sister show, Pocket Gamer Connects, running at the same venue on the same dates. And even if you don’t make the finals, you’ll still get a healthy discount on your ticket to both shows.
Don’t Win? Still Win!
Taking part in the San Francisco VR Indie Pitch also means that you’ll be able to see what other indies are working on, as well as hear 60 leading lights of the VR industry deliver cutting edge presentations across 4 conference tracks – FREE! And with 500 delegates across the two days, you might just meet your next collaborator, business partner or investor at the show.
You’d better bring your A-game though, because you can expect some tough competition, as you can see from the winners and runners at January’s VR Indie Pitch in London.
Do You Qualify?
- You want to pitch a VR, AR or MR game, app or experience
- You aren’t part of a global megacorp
- Your company has fewer players than the ‘Niners
- Your game doesn’t need to be finished; we welcome games in development
- Your game has yet to be released – ideally - but we’ll look at recent releases too
- You might be working on a project for smartphone, PC or console
- You only submit one title per team for us to consider
- You’re a previous VR Indie Pitch entrant? You’re welcome to show us your progress
- You get your application to us by midnight 18th June 2017 (entry details below).
How To Apply
We’ll be in touch to let you know if you’ve been shortlisted or not – and give you more info about how to prepare for the big pitch...